Greenpeace's Development Department is looking for a motivated and detail-oriented Membership Intern to assist the Planned Giving team and the Monthly Giving team.
The Gift Planning team is responsible for soliciting donors to put Greenpeace in their will or estate plans and to make other deferred gifts to provide for the long-term financial support of Greenpeace. We also steward the relationships with the group of people who have told us they have put Greenpeace in their estate plans or made a deferred gift and oversee the administration of current estate and deferred gifts. When it's time for the gift to be made, the team works with attorneys and personal representatives of the estate to ensure Greenpeace receives the gift in the most efficient manner.
The Monthly Giving team is responsible for increasing the return on investment from the sustainers (monthly donors) through development and implementation of programs in the areas of acquisition, donor retention and engagement, recapture and upgrade.
Learn how the legal and financial fields play an important role in a key area of non-profit fundraising. There may also be opportunities to attend outside trainings on charitable gift planning.
- Corresponding with donors.
- Assisting in the production of our newsletter
- Working with vendors
- Helping with bookkeeping and financial reporting
- Donor engagement research
- Campaign Research
* Proven customer service skills.
* Comfortable taking and making phone calls.
* Self confidence, positive attitude and a willingness to try new things.
* Ability to work as an individual and within small groups.
* Strong skills in math and creative thinking to come up with new and innovative ideas.
* Interest in fundraising for non-profit organizations.
* Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, specifically in Excel.
* Commitment to Greenpeace and an interest in environmental advocacy and non-violent direct action.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Sense of humor.
Apply for Fall 2014