Our Toxics team is dedicated to ensuring a toxic free future by working to prevent chemical disasters. One in three Americans is currently at risk of a poison gas disaster, but Greenpeace is working with a coalition of over 100 organizations to secure policy that will require dangerous plants to switch to safer alternatives. This semester you can help us build our movement to create a world free of toxic chemicals.
- Research on chemical security, including occasional visits to the EPA Docket Center.
- Research and analysis of EPA policies.
- Attend and assist with lobby meetings and events on Capitol Hill.
- Work with communications team for press and online communication needs.
- Draft letters to decision makers.
- Write blog entries.
- Engage with a broad coalition of groups working on this issue.
- Assist with additional projects as needed.
- Completion of bachelor's degree preferred. Ideal candidates will be those pursuing a master's degree or a law degree.
- Experience with campaigning and organizing a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong online research skills.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Computer savvy.
- Comfortable on the phone.
- Commitment to non-violence as a means of affecting change.
- Enthusiasm for protecting the environment.