$10,000 received from Koch foundations in 2011 [Total Koch foundation grants 1997-2011: $10,000]
The National Review Institute is affiliated with the National Review, part of a Koch-funded media network that consistently provides a platform for climate change deniers.
The National Review Online is host to the “Planet Gore,” blog a space dedicated to climate science misinformation, spin, and slander. Contributors from Koch-funded institutions include but are not limited to:
- Chris Horner and Iain Murray of the Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Patrick Michaels and Jerry Taylor of the Cato Institute
- Jim Manzi of the Manhattan Institute.
- Jonathan Adler of the Federalist Society, with ties to the Competitive Enterprise Institute, and the Property and Environment Research Center
- Deroy Murdock, who has ties to the Cato and Manhattan Institutes, the Heritage Foundation, and the Institute for Humane Studies
- Steven Hayward of the American Enterprise Institute, Pacific Research Foundation, Institute for Energy Research, with ties to the Cato Institute, the Heritage Foundation, the Reason Foundation and Reason magazine
- Tim Phillips and Phil Kerpen of Americans for Prosperity
National Review Senior Editor Romesh Ponnuru attended the Koch Brothers' 2011 political strategy and fundraising meeting in Rancho Mirage, California. Ponnuru is on the National Review Institute's board of directors and his wife April is NRI's executive director.
The National Review Institute hosts influential pundits and reporters who also have attended the Koch Brother's secretive political strategy meetings alongside Ramesh Ponnuru, such as Charles Krauthammer and Stephen Moore.
Read more about the National Review Institute
National Review on SourceWatch.org
Find more recipients of Koch foundation money
View "Koch's Web of Dirty Money and Influence"