There is so much that we can do in our homes. Take a look at the tips we have put together so that you can help save the planet one room at a time.
- In the Kitchen: Whether you spend a lot of time in your kitchen or the only thing you know how to make is microwave popcorn, there are steps we can all take to make our kitchen a little greener and save a little money in the process.
- Electricity: From energy-efficient appliances to compact flourescent light bulbs, there are a host of changes you can make around your house to save energy and reduce your electric bill.
- In the Bathroom: If you thought soap scum was a problem, just take a look at all the environmental hazards lurking in your bathroom.
- In the Laundry Room: Just because you want to be green doesn't mean your wardrobe has to suffer.
- Indoor Pests: Even some of the most devoted environmentalists prefer not to share their home with cockroaches and other unwelcome guests. But before you reach for that can of Raid, read the tips below.
- Green Cleaning Solutions: If you read the packaging of household cleaning products, you've probably come across some words you don't recognize. Chances are, if you can't pronounce it, it's not good for the environment. Try these homemade concoctions instead.