Greenpeace is thankful for YOU!
by Cassady Sharp
November 19, 2012
© Jiri Rezac / Greenpeace
- Celebrated another year of keeping Shell from drilling foroil in the Arctic.
- Protected our quality of life and the air we breathe by helping communities in Illinois, PennsylvaniaandVirginiaquit coal and move towards a safer, cleaner future.
- Applauded Safeway for offering sustainably-sourced tuna for their customers(and it's cheap)!
- Felt much better about our Googling after the company showed off their clean-energy data centers!
- With the help of coalition partners, sent nuclear seismic testing packing and saved the lives of Pacific Ocean whales, sea otters, dolphins and dozens of other marine life.
- Worked with coalition partners in the Herring Alliance to reform industrial fishing off the East Coast, a big win for the critical menhaden species and a healthy Atlantic Ocean.
- Powered a community center in Rockaway Beach, New York with the Rolling Sunlight, our solar truck,after the devastation of Hurricane Sandy.