IT Internship (DC or SF)
The IT Support intern will assist the IT department in reaching its goals through a combination of hands on support as well as documentation of current processes and best practices.
Our vision is to provide technology leadership and secure, efficient, effective, and manageable solutions for happy, productive users. To achieve our vision, we seek to:
- Partner with all departments and GPI information technology teams to support the organizational mission through technological solutions.
- Empathize with users and understand the organization’s goals and tactics.
- Provide prompt, helpful support.
- Provide insight and expertise.
- Design and implement innovative solutions to new challenges.
- Engage in best practices.
- Promote inclusion, fairness and transparency.
Our efforts to provide “technology with a purpose” are guided by a set of principles:
- We partner with all teams to deliver solutions that are innovative and imaginative.
- Enable work for the mission; do not create unnecessary hurdles.
- We are activists first, technologists second.
- We believe that all staff have the best intentions.
- Practice integrity, honesty, transparency, and kindness.
- We acknowledge that good technology ideas can originate outside of IT.
- We’re not afraid to fail; we learn from and find value in failure; trying is as valuable as doing.
- We spot patterns and look beyond surface issues. We’re not afraid to ask “why”.
Responsibilities may include researching, editing, and drafting process and best practices documentation as well as end user software, hardware and network support. The intern will also help with covering the reception desk (1 – 2 hours per week). Other potential projects include conducting research and making recommendations to improve existing IT department programs,