Greenpeace is an independent global campaigning organization that acts to change attitudes and behavior, to protect and conserve the environment and to promote peace.
We believe that whatever our environmental goals are, we can only win thanks to people power. This people power is only possible if we actively fight against poverty, injustice and violence and work for equality and inclusion.
Greenpeace is an employer that pursues an equal opportunities policy. That is why we put qualities of people first, regardless of gender, origin, age, religious belief, class or disability. We offer employees a working environment that respects the dignity of each individual.
- Responsible for the design, the implementation and the regular review of an actions and mobilization strategy.
- Oversee the implementation of the Non Violent Direct Action (NVDA) and Mobilization part of the agreed strategic plans.
- Develop expertise and innovation in the broad field of skills related to NVDA and Mobilization.
- Oversee the management of the global Greenpeace Belgium volunteers community and all activities related to them.
- Coordinate and line manage all Actions and Mobilization Team staff (ten employees).
- Represent the Actions and Mobilization Team in the Project Management Team (or ensure representation), with a focus on global strategic programme development and project planning.
- Monitor the yearly Actions and Mobilization Team’s budget and sign-off for team expenses.
- You are motivated by the Greenpeace values and objectives.
- You are fluent in French, Dutch and English.
- You have relevant professional experience (activism, NVDA, mobilization).
- You are highly available.
- You can deal effectively with confrontational situations, and are experienced in conflict resolution.
- You excel in strategic thinking.
- You have excellent people management skills.
- You have strong organisational and planning skills and are capable to overview multiple projects.
- You perform well under time pressure and you are stress resistant.
- You are a great negotiator.
- You have experience with risk assessment.
- You are decisive.
- You are committed to issues of equality and justice.
- Bear in mind that you don’t need to have all the competencies mentioned above.
- A full-time (38 hrs/week) permanent contract;
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment;
- Interesting additional benefits (meal vouchers, a complete 13th month, hospitalisation insurance and additional holidays);
- A challenging job.
We invite you to consult the detailed job description.
Interested in this job offer? Send your application letter and cv by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , with as subject ‘Selection Head of Actions and Mobilization’. You need to apply before the 3rd December 2019.