Position: Supporter Services Associate
Reports to: Supporter Services Manager
Closing Date for Applications: August 9, 2019
Contract Details: Temporary, Unionized, Part-time, 14 hour/week
Duration of Contract: August 2019 till January 2020
Salary: $36,000 per year (prorated)
Greenpeace Canada is seeking a bilingual (French & English) customer service all-star to provide administrative, clerical, and database support services for the Supporter Services team. Ideally, this fun, fast and friendly person will have experience processing, updating and maintaining database inputs for monthly electronic funds transfer (EFT) donations and supporter records.
- Maintain a daily liaison with French and English speaking Greenpeace supporters, who are primarily monthly donors. Answer 1-800 donor and public calls.
- Maintain the supporter databases and ensuring that donations are confirmed and allotted appropriately. Enter and update monthly supporter files (e.g. new monthly donations, cancels, changes and record coding) supporter changes of address, name, corrections, record coding and duplications.
- Efficiently and promptly handle a range of enquiries, responses, complaints, provide general information, explain procedures and resolve problems from supporters and the general public. Respond to calls, letters and emails. Record new supporters on database.
- Welcome calling to new monthly donors to get them engaged in the organisation and answer any queries they might have about Greenpeace campaigns or donations. Thank You calls to donors supporters who have made recent donations. Try to save supporters who call or email to cancel monthly support by downgrading or putting their donation on hold.
- Record feedback from supporters and public and respond to campaign information requests based on resources provided from the Programs department.
- Occasionally respond to requests from online activists on social media.
- Follow up on moved donors and problematic donations.
- Assist team members in the Fundraising and Engagement team as deemed necessary.
- Directing and welcoming visitors, suppliers and courier messengers into the office in a warm and professional manner
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in both French & English.
- Excellent computer skills
- Highly developed administrative, organizational and time management skills along with a fine attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to handle potentially stressful situations.
- Experience working with bank information/systems and fundraising databases.
- Familiarity with environmental issues, Greenpeace goals, and fundraising would be considered an asset.
You will work with colleagues in Canada and around the world. The ability to work weekends and evenings is sometimes required.
Candidates should understand and support Greenpeace campaign tactics, including the use of peaceful civil disobedience. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Greenpeace Canada embraces equity and diversity and is committed to a workplace that is enriched by the people, needs and desires of Canada’s diverse community.
We are committed to accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code throughout the selection process. Applicants, please make your needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants, but only those invited for interviews will be contacted.