Job title: Executive Director
Application Deadline: 15th July 2019
To apply: send us CV & Cover Letter (350 words or less)
Greenpeace exists because the earth and all life on it deserves a clean and safe environment – now and in the future. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action. Greenpeace India was founded in 2001 and is an independent and autonomous part of the larger Greenpeace that was founded in 1971 and has its main offices in Bangalore and Delhi. Our work in India is focused on two broad campaigns addressing climate change through energy transition and promotion of sustainable agriculture. We currently have over 40, 000 supporters spread across the country who provides us with funds and solidarity and many more who support our work across India.
The Executive Director provides leadership, direction and management of Greenpeace India under the direction of the Board of Directors and in accordance with Greenpeace’s core values and purpose. The Executive Director also needs to ensure that Greenpeace India influences and contributes to global Greenpeace organisation and campaigns.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in developing and managing the organization’s overall strategic direction, representation, policy, resources, operations and communication.
- Demonstrates leadership in promoting and maintaining the profile of Greenpeace within India by representing the organisation with public, media, government and other organizations.
- Influences and contributes to achieving the strategic objectives of the global organization, campaigns including representing Greenpeace India at internal Greenpeace global as well as external structures, venues or processes.
- Advances the work of Greenpeace India in terms of outreach and liaison with the public, media and other organizations/agencies as required. Works with likeminded organizations in building a domestic and international progressive alliances and movement based in peace, sustainability and social justice.
- Oversees the planning, implementation, management and evaluation of all aspects of Greenpeace India programs, including campaigns, communications, organizational development and fundraising, marketing, financial and administration.
- Works with the Senior Management Team (SMT) to develop dynamic results driven representation, campaigns and fundraising strategies.
- Ensures effective internal communication across Greenpeace India to inform all staff about campaigns, changes to policies and structures, and Boards’ decisions.
- Directs, oversees and ensures implementation of Boards’ directives and the reporting of work of all departments to the Boards, including regular liaison with the Chair of the Board.
- Ensures that the organization meets all its legal obligations and comprehensively manages risks.
- Visionary and strategic to provide leadership to Greenpeace India programs, campaigns and the organisation.
- Excellent communication skills, to present complex issues with clarity to a wide variety of audiences – public, policy, media, donors and supporters.
- Solid, demonstrated commitment to the principles and philosophy of non-violent direct action (NVDA) as a fundamental instrument to create change;
- Demonstrated experience with progressive, political movements and to issues of environmental, organizational and social change at both the national and international levels;
- Proven Leadership skills within a large, complex organisation: to provide direction for the development of Greenpeace India strategic policy; to lead the planning for large campaign and fundraising initiatives;
- Proven track record of senior leadership and management experience of running a large and complex organisation or movement or programme;
- Analytical and problem solving skills scan the broad and strategic external environmental, economic and political contexts and scenarios.
- Depth of knowledge of environmental issues and the politics influencing public and private institutions both nationally and internationally.
- Depth of knowledge and experience of supervising effective fundraising strategies: to appreciate the challenges of fundraising for an organization that relies on public donations and to provide leadership for a fundraising program that
will sustain and grow the organization.
- Depth of knowledge of financial management: to oversee the planning and development of the Greenpeace India budget.
- Applications must be addressed to email@example.com stating your full name in the subject line. To apply for this role, kindly attach your CV and a cover letter (of 350 words or less), which summarizes how your profile aligns with the key requirements, skills and abilities for this job
- Last date of application: 15 July 2019
- Location : Bangalore