Greenpeace Southeast Asia (GPSEA) offers a variety of challenging opportunities for professional growth. Collaborating with talented and passionate professionals, the Digital Marketing Manager will provide strategic guidance, develop benchmarks for analysis and help implement best practice in digital community management within our national office teams, where we intend to blur the line between digital and offline. The role also includes line management of the Engagement Journey Coordinator & Digital Engagement Systems Coordinator, both regional positions.
This role requires someone who deeply understands the mobile-first digital marketing world and knows how to reach organisational goals, using owned, earned and paid channels while providing clear strategic guidance and cross-cultural people leadership. They will bring a fresh and forward-thinking perspective on digital best practices globally. Ideally, they have proven experience in online campaigning and mobilisation-from research and development to delivery and evaluation. They will take the lead in innovation around channel diversification, asks and offer clear direction on creating agency through meaningful things for people to do, digging into the potential of online activism and how that crosses over to offline.
They are well versed working with CMS, CRM tools, A/B testing, content trends, SEO & SEM, data analysis, online community management and supporter journeys creation. As a person, they should be collaborative, fun, creative, flexible, solution-oriented and ambitious.
This is a full-time position for one year, based in either Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Jakarta or Manila. Citizens of Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand and Indonesia are encouraged to apply.
- Lead strategic thinking regionally, and support country office implementation of digital strategies to ensure continuously optimisation of Greenpeace Southeast Asia’s digital presence and online engagement.
- Understand the market dynamics in Southeast Asia, working with regional & country teams to set benchmarks, expand engagement performance indicators and reporting, and ensure data dashboards are maintained to measure and track KPIs
- Work with teams across GPSEA to ascertain digital engagement gaps and opportunities. Analyse and provide recommendations for best practice and optimising usability, SEO, tracking and basic digital “hygiene”.
- Work with country offices to develop in-house capabilities for online community management
- Provide leadership and support for your team
- Develop training/mentoring plan for digital teams to increase strategy and skill capabilities per country.
- Work with teams on strategies to diversify social media (e.g. perhaps stage one = further develop the WhatsApp channel in ID, Line in TH, messenger bots in MY & PH)
- In consultation with Greenpeace Southeast Asia’s regional Insights manager develop, evaluate and oversee the implementation of A/B testing protocols and procedures across channels, contributing to building audience-centric approaches for campaigning
- Present key information, whether verbally, visually or written, in a way that is succinct, accessible and understandable to managers and other stakeholders
- Work with selected teams to build case studies on best practice in GPSEA and ensure compliance in best practice implementation.
- Build good relationships with national Digi-Comms managers across the region, and work closely with them on priority projects, developing strategies and implementation plans.
- Consult with country teams on digital open campaigning tools
- Oversee collaboration with Database team to ensure effective data flow between systems.
Educational Background & Work Experience
- Level Education: Bachelor’s Degree Preferably in Marketing, Communications, Creative Industries (or relevant industry experience)
- Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years of professional experience, preferably involving User Experience, Online Marketing, Content Creation, online activism, Mobilisation or similar fields.
Specific Work Environment
- This position requires the employee to have a flexible approach and the ability to adapt and work in different and challenging work and cultural environments, which may include flexible arrangements working in challenging field and frontline work environments.
- Willingness to travel
- The applicant must agree to review and comply with GPSEA’s Code of Conduct, as well as other relevant staff policies.
Interested candidates are invited to (1) download and fill out the attached Application Form; and (2) write a Letter of Motivation explaining why you are applying, and your qualifications for the position. Send the two documents to [email protected]
Deadline for applications: December 30, 2019
NOTE: Prior to application please download and completely read the Recruitment Pack below to know more about Greenpeace, the detailed key duties, competencies and skills needed, things to know before applying, and guidance in completing the Application Form.