Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the HR Director will define the strategic HR requirements to support Greenpeace Southeast Asia’s (GPSEA) 3 Year Strategic Plan (3YP) focusing on winning campaigns by developing and implementing leading practice HR programs designed to increase organizational Alignment, Capability and Engagement. The position of HR Director will take HR to new levels of strategic partnership and value in the organization.
The HR Director is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all HR functions. This includes directing HR operations to meet organizational requirements as well as the design and implementation of fit for purpose leading practice programs that enable GPSEA people to be more efficient, effective and agile. The successful candidate will be a change management expert understanding culture and People and how to create an environment that is best suited to achieve our goals. The successful candidate will also understand the latest developments in HR leading practices and have the ability to influence and implement.
This is a full-time position based in either Bangkok, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, or Manila.
- The HR Director will empower and enable the regional culturally and geographically diverse HR team to develop and implement leading practice HR strategies and to achieve organizational goals. The HR Director will lead and coach the regional HR team in executing tasks and prioritizing the work load of all department personnel ensuring sufficient capacity, capability, performance and resources to alignment of organizational goals.
- The HR Director will provide strategic development and implementation of high impact, efficient HR tools and systems that are aligned to global priorities and the GPSEA 3` Year Strategic Plan and represent the HR function at organizational leadership review meetings when appropriate and when requested, represent HR in Senior Management Team meetings and Board meetings. The HR Director will provide input into global Greenpeace HR strategies / processes / working groups as appropriate or requested by COO / Executive Director.
- The HR Director will provide clear direction to the organization on HR Strategy and impact to the core goal of winning campaigns outlining implementation plans and key risks and provide insight and program management advise to resolve problems and concerns in relation to organizational related issues increasing HR Strategic Partnership capability.
- In cooperation with SMT and other leaders in the organization, the HR Director will design and implement fit for purpose innovative Human Resources (HR) and Learning and Development strategies through the analysis of complex organizational needs. The HR Director is to lead the implementation and maintenance of solutions across GPSEA incorporating effective regional practices in the following areas throughout the organization:
- Organizational ability to attract top talent and leading practices in recruitment and induction
- Organizational culture development which enables collaboration, open communications, accountability, transparency and high performance.
- Performance management system development
- Organizational learning and development to build overall organizational Capability
- Organizational compliance to regulatory and legal requirements
- Policy development, control and communication
- Conflict management and counseling
- Organizational communication and change management
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Employee safety, welfare and health
- Employee services and relations administration
- Structure and role alignment to ensure organizational performance and fit for purpose
- Succession planning
- HR analytics for decision making and effective monitoring and reporting of key HR strategic programs
- HR Department fiscal and budgetary performance.
Educational Background & Work Experience
- Level of Education: Preferably Masters Degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications, Political, Law, but open to other fields.
- Work Experience: At least 10 years of experience in a management role, of which at least 4 years should have been at a senior leadership level in a regional or international organization preferably in the HR field.
- Training or Certificate: Training in HR related topics is preferred: HR business administration and talent management, labor law, analytics, culture, coaching.
Interested candidates are invited to (1) download and fill out the attached Application Form; and (2) write a Letter of Motivation explaining why you are applying, and your qualifications for the position. Send the two documents to [email protected]
Guidance in Completing the Application Form
- Read the Terms of Reference carefully before completing your application form. The Terms of Reference contains information about Greenpeace, about the job you are applying for, and brief information on employment conditions.
- Complete all items in the application form. Remember that this will be our basis for shortlisting candidates.
- Make sure you email the Application Form and Letter of Motivation to the correct email address ([email protected]), addressed to the HR Department, and ensure that your application form arrives before the closing date. Application forms received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Kindly use the position you are applying for and your full name as file name for your application form. (i.e PH Human Resources Director Juan dela Cruz)
- If you have questions, kindly email [email protected]
Deadline for applications: January 20, 2020
NOTE: Prior to application, please download and completely read the Recruitment Pack below to know more about Greenpeace, the detailed key duties, competencies and skills needed, things to know before applying, and guidance in completing the Application Form.