Social Media Internship (DC)
The Greenpeace USA Online Strategy team is a group of online experts who thrive on creative thinking, grounded in what the data is telling us. We continue to develop highly specialized skills in the most important areas of online communications -- web design, blogging, social media, mobile, email fundraising and activism, search engine optimization and online to offline organizing. Most importantly we have fun and take pride in thinking big, failing big and winning big. While building expertise in the most cutting edge online organizing strategies and tactics the Online Organizing intern will help Greenpeace launch a renewable energy revolution to combat global warming, stop the destruction of ancient forests, hold corporations accountable and yes, save the whales!
In addition to helping the team promote Greenpeace campaign pushes to our online supporters, the Online Organizing Intern is encouraged to take on projects of their own. Creativity and new ideas are valued greatly on our team.
- Support the Online Strategy team in creating and executing high quality content and creative for Greenpeace campaign pushes
- Participate in social media and email writing and creation for year-end fundraising efforts
- Write and design content to post to on email, social network platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Instagram, and blogs to promote and publicize priority Greenpeace campaigns
- Recruit and engage online and on-the-ground activists in key regions using social media, email, and the website.
- Track the growth and impact of social media on our organization
- Measure the impact of campaign pushes in social media
- Strong interest in environmental issues
- Familiarity with blogging
- Experience using online social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong online research skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Although not necessary, basic HTML experience would be ideal
- Knowledge of graphic design and software such as Adobe Photoshop is a BIG plus