Greenpeace is the leading independent environmental organization that utilizes bold action, cutting-edge research and creative communications to protect the Earth. We expose global environmental problems and promote the solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future. We investigate, document and expose environmental destruction in a peaceful manner and promote open, informed debate about society's environmental choices. To ensure our independence we do not accept donations from corporations or governments. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.greenpeace.org
The Production Coordinator assists the Direct Marketing Production Manager in the day-to-day operation of the direct marketing programs for Greenpeace USA. This includes, but is not limited to, all direct mail and telemarketing for the following programs: Acquisition, Reinstatement, Renewal, Appeals, Acknowledgments, and the quarterly member Update Magazine, as well as production for Annual Giving, Planned Giving, and Major Gifts.
1. Assist the Direct Marketing Production Manager in the smooth operation of the production of direct marketing fundraising programs
2. Develop and manage the direct marketing production schedules and calendar; and production plans
3. Manage external vendor relationships and coordinate internal teams to ensure mail dates and project deadlines are met
4. Request and analyze bids for direct marketing projects; manage project cost estimates
5. Work with the finance department to ensure proper allocation of department funds, and payment of invoices
6. Check and approve proofs, data scans, and laser setups for accuracy during all stages of the production process
7. Proofreading of copy, and working with external designers to create and traffic art proofs for the direct marketing team
8. Work with the internal data department to ensure the accuracy of data, and the smooth transfer of data to external vendors
9. Act as the liaison with supporter care team on escalated donor issues and other fundraising questions, bringing these issues to the Direct Marketing Production Manager when applicable.
10. Perform other job related duties as requested or assigned by the direct marketing team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; mathematically-minded
- Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently, and to meet strict deadlines
- A self-starter who is a good problem solver, very organized, with strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, e-mail and database programs
- Basic proofreading skills
- Basic background in statistical analysis
- Experience in fundraising, direct marketing production, or nonprofit work
- Strong interest in environmental issues
Greenpeace USA values a healthy work-life balance and has flexible, family-friendly employment policies. Our competitive benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with low contributions from staff. We have options for pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care costs. Greenpeace employees enjoy generous 401K matching and time off for vacation, sick, personal, and parental leave. After five years, staff are eligible for a paid sabbatical. To encourage public transportation use and biking, we offer subsidies for staff who choose to bike or ride mass transit to work. Greenpeace is committed to the growth and development of staff and fostering a creative workplace culture. For more information, check out our benefits plan.
Please send cover letter and resume to . Please include the following in your cover letter: a specific explanation of your interest in Greenpeace’s mission and the available position and how you found out about this career opportunity. Please use the email subject line: Direct Marketing Production Coordinator Position – YOUR NAME. Applications are accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.