As part of our continuous development and growth strategy, we are looking to recruit a dynamic Employee Relations Manager to join our US Human Resources team. At Greenpeace USA, we take pride in our workforce and believe in cultivating an atmosphere that is inclusive and supports and values our greatest asset: our people! This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for driving positive employee relations who would excel in a fast-paced and innovative organization
As this is a new role, the selected candidate will have the opportunity to join our organization and participate in the development of the role in addition to the growth of our Employee Relations function. Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources for Greenpeace USA, the selected candidate will play an integral role in driving innovation, cultivating insights, and building unique solutions for our organization. This position will also be the central point of contact for employee related issues and concerns, providing employees with a fair and unbiased process to raise and resolve issues. The position will provide guidance and consultation on managing performance and behavior, mediating conflict in the workplace, investigating and resolving complaints, applying and interpreting company policies and maintaining a positive relationship with our dedicated employees through the maintenance of an inclusive and fair work environment. Finally, the position will help ensure company policies, procedures and training efforts support a positive work environment free from harassment and discrimination.
Responsibilities may include:
- Ensure compliance with federal/state laws and the consistent application of company policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with HR colleagues and members of management to define the employee relations needs for organizational units
- Assist in identifying performance management training needs and recommending training solutions for performance related problems
- Deliver/facilitate learning programs
- Assist in the design and administration of HR policies and procedures
- Resolve employee complaints
- Participate in the administration of organizational programs including the Employee Engagement Survey
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong employee relations, problem solving, written and oral communication, interview, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple concurrent and complex projects
- Demonstrated analytical and decision making skills including data gathering and analysis
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within teams
- Values diversity and models/promotes inclusion
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to interact with all levels within the organization with professionalism and integrity
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related field
- Excellent training delivery and facilitation skills
- Solid organizational skills and personal accountability
- Ability to work autonomously and within teams
- Communication, active listening, internal consulting, interpersonal, and influencing skills
- Identification with Greenpeace goals and supportive of Greenpeace values
- Occasional travel for conferences, trainings, and internal investigations as needed (≤10%)
Greenpeace USA values a healthy work-life balance and has flexible, family-friendly employment policies. Our competitive benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with low contributions from staff. We have options for pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care costs. Greenpeace employees enjoy generous 401K matching and time off for vacation, sick, personal, and parental leave. After five years, staff are eligible for a paid sabbatical. To encourage public transportation use and biking, we offer subsidies for staff who choose to bike or ride mass transit to work. Greenpeace is committed to the growth and development of staff and fostering a creative workplace culture. For more information, check out our benefits plan.
Please send cover letter and resume to by February 7th, 2014. Please include the following in your cover letter: a specific explanation of your interest in Greenpeace’s mission and the available position and where/how you found out about this career opportunity. Please use the email subject line: “Employee Relations Manager – YOUR NAME”. No phone calls please.