Greenpeace is the leading independent environmental organization that utilizes bold action, cutting-edge research and creative communications to protect the Earth. We expose global environmental problems and promote the solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future. We investigate, document and expose environmental destruction in a peaceful manner and promote open, informed debate about society's environmental choices. To ensure our independence we do not accept donations from corporations or governments. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.greenpeace.org
Assist and support staff in the operation of IT-supported hardware and software. This includes support of individual users in the Washington and/or San Francisco office(s) and providing limited support to other Greenpeace offices located around the country via telephone. Research and implement new technologies and products.
1. Provide hardware and software support to all staff.
• Act as the primary contact for day-to-day software and hardware support needs.
• Provide individual and small-group training where necessary.
• Perform software and hardware repairs where needed.
• Provide computer support to travelling employees and employees located in out-lying offices via telephone.
2. Assist in the coordination of the computer and computer-related operations of Greenpeace USA.
• Assist in the implementation of the strategic plan for the use and development of computers, LAN's, etc.
• Maintain and organize the inventory of organizational owned computers and related equipment.
• Assist IT Manager with analyses of hardware and software procurement.
• Assist in the installation and repair of computers and related equipment.
• Assist in the implementation of office-wide (sometimes organization-wide) training programs for all end-user software.
3. Assist IT Manager his/her role as liaison between the IT Department and the rest of the organization.
• Interact with and participate in problem solving and troubleshooting with all divisions.
• Respond to user's needs and possible network failures during closed office hours, including holidays, weekends and evenings.
4. Perform any other job related duties as assigned by the IT Manager.
- BA/BS or Equivalent in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office required.
- Proficiency with all hardware aspects of supporting and maintaining Wintel-based systems required.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, TCP/IP networking, and database systems
- At least 2 years work experience in computer support, maintenance and installation.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment and manage several projects at once.
- Ability to deal tactfully, professionally, and politely in stressful situations.
- Ability to work independently and to demonstrate initiative and follow-through.
Greenpeace USA values a healthy work-life balance and has flexible, family-friendly employment policies. Our competitive benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with low contributions from staff. We have options for pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care costs. Greenpeace employees enjoy generous 401K matching and time off for vacation, sick, personal, and parental leave. After five years, staff are eligible for a paid sabbatical. To encourage public transportation use and biking, we offer subsidies for staff who choose to bike or ride mass transit to work. Greenpeace is committed to the growth and development of staff and fostering a creative workplace culture. For more information, check out our benefits plan.
Please send cover letter and resume to . Please include the following in your cover letter: a specific explanation of your interest in Greenpeace’s mission and the available position and how you found out about this career opportunity. Please use the email subject line: IT Specialist- YOUR NAME. Applications will be accepted until July 19th. No phone calls please.
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer.