Greenpeace USA is seeking a skilled, creative and passionate Palm Oil Campaigner to join our forest team. The Palm Oil Campaigner will focus on palm oil as a driver of deforestation in Southeast Asia with an emphasis on Indonesia. Building from the success of recent Greenpeace campaigns, the campaigner will work closely with international Greenpeace colleagues to design and implement initiatives to change the policies and behavior of some of the largest players in the palm oil industry. This will include producers and traders of palm oil, large corporate buyers of palm oil and palm oil derivatives, and governments. The campaigner will travel internationally at times and employ a broad suite of tactics to accomplish strategic objectives. This is a contract position
- Coordinate efforts to design and implement corporate campaigns to reform the practices of palm oil industry players
- Manage the Greenpeace USA palm oil work within the framework of the larger international strategies to achieve zero deforestation
- Collaborate with stakeholders including NGO coalition partners
- Engage and negotiate with corporations
- Research corporations, industry trends and key supply chains
- Work with Greenpeace forest team on cross-cutting campaign strategies and planning
- Serve as a media spokesperson
- Contribute to building and maintaining a strong, diverse and inclusive campaign team
- At least 5 years experience with corporate or environmental campaigning
- Track record of successfully designing and implementing campaign strategies
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Excellent ability to work collaboratively with collaborative teams
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience in cross-cultural settings
- Passionate about forest protection and reforming global agribusiness
- Excellent spoken and written English; other languages, Bahasa in particular a plus
- Competency with contemporary computer software
- Commitment to non-violence as a means of affecting change and supportive of non-partisan approaches to advocacy
This is a one year contract.
Greenpeace USA values a healthy work-life balance and has flexible, family-friendly employment policies. Our competitive benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with low contributions from staff. We have options for pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care costs. Greenpeace employees enjoy generous 401K matching and time off for vacation, sick, personal, and parental leave. After five years, staff are eligible for a paid sabbatical. To encourage public transportation use and biking, we offer subsidies for staff who choose to bike or ride mass transit to work. Greenpeace is committed to the growth and development of staff and fostering a creative workplace culture. For more information, check out our benefits plan.
Please send cover letter and resume to . Please include the following in your cover letter: a specific explanation of your interest in Greenpeace’s mission and the available position and how you found out about this career opportunity. Please use the email subject line: Palm Oil Campaigner- YOUR NAME. Applications will be accepted until June 3rd. No phone calls please.
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer.