The Direct Marketing team is an integral part of Greenpeace's Development Department, and is responsible for the management of fundraising for monthly and one-time donors at the $1-$499.99 level. The Direct Marketing team works with several out-of-house vendors to coordinate the mailing and telemarketing cultivation and solicitation of these donors. The team is also responsible for acquiring new donors, and for testing new methods of acquisition.
The Direct Marketing Intern assists in the day-to-day operation of the direct marketing program for Greenpeace USA. This includes, but is not limited to, all direct mail, telemarketing, monthly giving, and licensing & merchandise. Daily responsibilities may involve proofreading and copy editing, working with donor data files, and processing invoices.
- A positive attitude and a willingness to try new things.
- Ability to work as an individual and within small groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong skills in math.
- Interest in fundraising for non-profit organizations.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, specifically in Excel.
- Commitment to Greenpeace and an interest in environmental advocacy and non-violent direct action.