Frontline, Greenpeace's canvassing program, instrumentally increases the financial and political strength of Greenpeace by recruiting new members on the street. Members recruited by Frontline give monthly donations which support Greenpeace campaigns and are encouraged to participate in grassroots efforts through petitions, online actions, phone banking, events and more.
The Frontline Operations Team provides administrative support to the Frontline program by tracking performance, liaising with other departments within Greenpeace, organizing, checking and submitting Frontline payroll, reimbursements, new hire paperwork, etc. The Frontline intern will work closely with the Frontline Operations Team, the National Canvass Director, the Frontline Project Director, and the Frontline Training and Recruitment Coordinator and will report to a member of the Frontline Operations Team.
This position is a fantastic opportunity to learn about fundraising, canvassing, non-profit training, program development, operational support and management of a multi-million dollar non-profit program.
- Manage travel, food, schedule, and other logistics for trainings
- Performance reporting in Excel
- Manage reimbursements, invoices, and credit card statements
- Assist in recruitment of canvass staff and canvass directors by posting advertisements and managing logistics and schedules for canvass director interviews
- Create and update wiki-based instruction materials
- Enforce driver policy by performing driver eligibility checks and ensuring that nobody drives who is not an approved driver
- Assist in opening new offices
- Ensure that offices have proper inventories and ship supplies to all offices on a biweekly basis
- Other tasks to support the National Canvass Director, the Frontline Project Director, the Frontline Operations Manager, the Frontline Training and Recruitment Coordinator and the Frontline Operations team as requested.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Computer proficiency (familiarity with Excel and google products such as google docs, gmail and google calendar required)
- High attention to detail
- Good organization skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Commitment to non-violence as a means of affecting change
- Prior administrative and/or customer service experience is preferred
- Must be able to lift boxes weighing between 40 and 50 lbs.
Note: This administrative internship does not involve actual Frontline street canvassing. For more information on how to work as a paid Greenpeace Frontline canvasser, click here.