Do you want to join the fight for climate justice with the world’s largestindependent environmental organization?
Greenpeace has several incredible internships available in our San Francisco office!
Over the last 2 years, Greenpeace has built a nationwide Activist Network to tackle the toughest problems facing our climate, oceans, forests, and communities. The Activist Network activates thousands of Greenpeace supporters, and our interns are at the heart of this cutting-edge remote grassroots organizing program.
The Activist Network interns connect with Greenpeace Lead Activists over the phone, via email and online social networks to support them with all of their campaign work in hundreds of communities nationwide. Activist Network interns receive extensive training in grassroots organizing skills to make them top notch support people for Greenpeace Lead Activists. When not working with Lead Activists, interns support the Activist Network team in San Francisco with all other priorities that arise.
Whether it’s activating volunteers and other students across the country or mobilizing people here in San Francisco, you’ll gain grassroots activism skills, learn about the environmental movement, gain issue expertise, meet awesome people, and make a real difference! Find out how this isn’t your average internship.
- Volunteer Recruitment (via phone and email communication)
- Manage research projects
- Logistics coordination and administrative work
- Materials production (trainings, kits, etc)
- Data entry as needed
- Quickly develop knowledge of global warming and other campaign issues
- Assist in other projects as needed
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Able to inspire, recruit and train campaign volunteers over the phone
- Reliable and responsible
- Strong communication skills including public speaking, written and oral
- Critical thinking and time-management skills
- Able to keep a level head in a fast-paced campaign environment
- Commitment to grassroots organizing as a means of affecting change
- Commitment to protecting the planet and building a green and peaceful future
Skills You May Learn or Practice:
- Campaign strategy
- Goal setting
- Coordinating, training, and building relationships with volunteers
- Planning and sticking to schedules
- Providing feedback
- Working with Google docs, Google Calendar, Google tasks