While the rest of the world is trying to stop global warming and protect the planet for future generations, ExxonMobil is busy drilling for more oil and polluting the atmosphere. What's worse, ExxonMobil is doing its best to stop other countries' attempts to prevent the world from heating up. Check out ExxonMobil's dirty secrets at www.exxonsecrets.org. Here are five reasons why ExxonMobil is worse than other oil companies:
1. ExxonMobil tries to convince the public that global warming isn't happening even though ExxonMobil is one of its main causes. It spends millions of dollars on misleading propaganda every year.
2. ExxonMobil has played a leading role in sabotaging international attempts to stop global warming. It would rather sell more gasoline than protect future generations.
3. ExxonMobil doesn't believe renewable energy has a future. "With no readily available economic alternatives on the horizon, fossil fuels will continue to supply most of the world's energy needs for the foreseeable future." --Lee Raymond, ExxonMobil CEO, 1997
4. ExxonMobil is the biggest oil company in the world - its profits totalled more than US$12 billion in 2000. If anyone can afford to help stop global warming it's ExxonMobil.
5. ExxonMobil was one of the main financial contributors to George Bush's election campaign. As soon as George Bush became president, he announced that the U.S. would pull out of international agreements to stop global warming - exactly the position that ExxonMobil was promoting.