If you are planning to apply for the Greenpeace Semester, please review our application timeline. It will give you a general idea of what to expect when you apply, although the process differs among students.
Day 1 (Prep)
• Look over the Greenpeace website to become familiar with us if you aren't already - welcome!
• Look through the Greenpeace Semester section to learn about how the program works and which term (summer, fall or spring) is the best fit for you.
• Review the application.
• Contact us with any questions you may have. You can send emails to or call Shalyn Pugh at 415-255-9194.
• Submit your application!
• Students find out about their application status and eligibility for interviewing.
• If eligible, students will be contacted to schedule a phone interview.
• Before your interview, review the Greenpeace Semester site and bring questions to the interview.
• Talk to campus advisors about obtaining credit for the program.
• Spring/Fall Course Credit Guide
• Summer Course Credit Guide
• Phone interview - a chance for you to find out more about the program
• Qualifying students are offered a spot in the program.
• Accepted students receive an Acceptance Packet with information about housing, course credit, fundraising, and scholarships.
• Students set up a check-in time with Greenpeace Semester recruitment coordinator.
• First check-in with Greenpeace. This is a great time to chat with us about fundraising ideas or ask any questions if you need help getting started.
• Start working with a campus advisor to obtain school credit.
• Deadline for the first $500 tuition deposit.
• Figure out transportation to Washington, DC – be it plane, train or automobile!
•(Spring/Fall only) Deadline for second $500 deposit.
• Start working to secure housing in DC.