Greenpeace is committed to providing financial assistance to participants with potential to become environmental leaders who demonstrate need in order to participate. Please review the information below.
Greenpeace awards 15 - 18 scholarships per year to participants who need financial assistance and are dedicated to fighting for the planet.
Across the country, young people are making important contributions to Greenpeace’s efforts to create a green and peaceful future. They are organizing and campaigning with us on critical issues: rainforest destruction; our fossil fuel addiction that’s poisoning communities and driving climate change; the threats posed to communities from toxic chemicals; and the overfishing and pollution of our oceans.
We believe that the young people of today will be the successful future leaders of the environmental movement. We also believe that this movement will only get stronger if it engages a broad spectrum of voices and perspectives. People from diverse backgrounds who bring their unique views are essential to creating a green and peaceful future. Greenpeace created the Diversity Scholarship to promote the success of the environmental movement by ensuring that the rising leaders who participate in the Greenpeace Semester represent a diversity of races, cultures, backgrounds, and experiences.
There are two $1,500 Diversity Scholarships available in 2013.
To be eligible for a Greenpeace scholarship, you must:
- Be accepted to the Greenpeace Semester
- Demonstrate financial need (FAFSA report, bank statements or similar documentation required; supporting documentation, such as grants awarded by your school are recommended)
- Complete a scholarship application and submit it prior to the tuition deposit due date (established at time of acceptance in to program)
- Recipients must fit all the other criteria for acceptance into the Greenpeace Semester as previously listed
How to Apply for a Scholarship
1. Download the Greenpeace Semester general scholarship application or diversity scholarship application
2. Fill out the form in its entirety.
3. Obtain your FAFSA form or other official verification of income and financial assistance provided by your college or university.
4. Send it in before your deposit deadline.
Greenpeace, Attn: Greenpeace Semester, 1661 Mission St., San Francisco, CA 94103-2413