Last April a fertilizer plant in West, Texas exploded, killing fifteen people. The most tragic part of it all is that the explosion -- along with the death and destruction that followed -- didn’t have to happen. There are safe, affordable alternatives to the dangerous chemicals like the ones used in the Texas fertilizer plant available right now. President Obama recently issued a directive to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to develop plans for new safety measure at chemical plants. It's a good first step, but he must do more. Call President Obama now and tell him that you support him using his authority to to adopt safety standards that prevent chemical disasters.
How this works:
- Step 1: Enter your information in the form to the right or call 1-888-369-5791 directly
- Step 2: With your phone in hand, click “Connect me!” Your phone will ring because we are calling you.
- Step 3: Pick up. You will hear a message from us, giving you some talking points, like:
1. The President should require high risk chemical plants to switch to safer alternatives.
2. President Obama must do what he can to prevent a disaster like West, Texas in the future.
- Step 4: After the message ends, you will be transferred to the White House Comment line. Leave your message for President Obama.
- Call didn't go through? Call back during business hours (9am-5pm EST)