VIDEO: Koch Brothers TV Documentary (2012 edition) – Aljazeera’s People & Power
March 29, 2012
Watch the updated edition of this great TV program debuted last night on People & Power on Aljazeera. The show provides a concise and deep look at the political motives and growing power of the notorious Koch Brothers. http://youtu.be/4nKgKVxFjSg Greenpeace's Koch research, launched with our landmark March 2010 report. Koch Industries:Secretly Funding the Climate Denial Machine, just hit its 2nd birthday! With the new Koch Foundation 990s in hand, we have updated the (public) Koch funding to global warming denial organizations, which totals nearly $60 Million dollars (1997-2010). We have also found a declining trend in the total funding reported to these denial front groups from the Koch Foundations and also fewer groups funded. This may be because the Kochs are prioritizing their political insurgency or as we suspect, they are finding creative ways to funnel the money through less visible pathways. Enjoy a glimpse of what television could be...and the best 25 minutes you are spend all day. Things to watch for in the Al Jazeera piece:
- Rare interviews with Tim Phillips, head of Americans for Prosperity
- David Koch claiming credit for organizing the Tea Party, Taki Oldham's great footage from Billionaire's Tea Party
- Jane Mayer, New Yorker author of the best Koch story and most downloaded New Yorker piece ever.
- Lee Fang interviewing David Koch outside the Capitol after 2010 elections (with Tim Phillips standing by)
- Lisa Graves, Center for Media and Democracy, who has helped expose ALEC, the American Legislative Exchange Council,a Koch-funded corporate legislative front group
- Patrick Michaels, Cato Institute climate denier, squirming at questions about corporate and Koch funding. Michaels choice of words from this interview filmed last year is most interesting now that the Koch vs Cato lawsuit has made front page news, with the Koch brothers looking to execute a hostile takeover Cato - the power hungry eat their young.