Greenpeace U.S. is seeking an Annual Giving Manager to oversee and further develop the organization’s middle giving program, with primary responsibility for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors giving between $500 and $10,000 dollars. This position is also responsible for managing one Annual Giving Officer.
Working in conjunction with the Director of Membership, the Annual Giving Manager will develop strategies for upgrading and retaining annual giving donors through direct mail, email, and telemarketing. Additionally, the Annual Giving Manager will work closely with the Director of Major Gifts and the Planned Giving Manager to identify and develop strategies for individuals within the annual giving program who could be making major donations to the organization.
- Further develop and lead a comprehensive national annual giving program, including strategies to incorporate direct marketing techniques such as direct mail, e-mail, telefunding with a focus on donor acquisition and retention, and increasing LTV of mid-level donors.
- Responsible for oversight of the Annual Giving budget, in terms of tracking income and expenditure disbursement. Will prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports and financial analyses for the Director of Membership and the Senior Management Team on progress toward financial goals.
- Maintains regular contact with current and prospective donors through phone calls, email, direct mail and stewardship pieces.
- Provides direction and oversight to a direct mail program for Annual Giving donors and prospects which include a series of individualized appeals, renewals, and pledge letters. Works closely with direct marketing production manager to create the production schedule and track expenses for every campaign.
- Works with development staff to identify new prospect groups for annual giving, upgrade members to the $500+ level, and integrate new mail, telemarketing, email and personal solicitation techniques into the Annual Giving Program.
- Develops annual and long-term strategies for the annual giving program, focussing on promoting program growth and increasing retention. Reviews and submits fiscal year income and expense projections.
- Reviews acknowledgements and special correspondence to ensure that they reflect a content and style appropriate to the institution and the giving level of the annual giving program.
- Work with the Director of Monthly Giving to steward and upgrade the mid-level monthly donors through all available direct marketing channels.
- Maintains accurate database information.
- Maintains working knowledge of Greenpeace campaign programs.
- Other job related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least five years of proven success in annual giving fundraising, and 3-5 years of management experience. Experience with upgrading mid-level monthly donors a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of donor database usage
- Successful track record identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors.
- Command of fundraising principles and practices.
- Capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced, deadline-driven work environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Commitment to environmental and peace issues central to Greenpeace’s mission.
Greenpeace USA values a healthy work-life balance and has flexible, family-friendly employment policies. Our competitive benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with low contributions from staff. We have options for pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care costs. Greenpeace employees enjoy generous 401K matching and time off for vacation, sick, personal, and parental leave. After five years, staff are eligible for a paid sabbatical. To encourage public transportation use and biking, we offer subsidies for staff who choose to bike or ride mass transit to work. Greenpeace is committed to the growth and development of staff and fostering a creative workplace culture. For more information, check out our benefits plan.
Please send cover letter and resume to . Please include the following in your cover letter: a specific explanation of your interest in the available position and how you found out about this career opportunity. Please use the email subject line: Annual Giving Manager. YOUR NAME. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.