Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses non-violent, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and to force the solutions which are essential to a green and peaceful future. Greenpeace’s goal is to ensure the ability of the earth to nurture life in all its diversity. Therefore Greenpeace seeks to:- protect biodiversity in all its forms, – prevent pollution and abuse of the earth’s ocean, land, air and fresh water, – end all nuclear threats, promote peace, global disarmament and non-violence.
Our core values
Personal responsibility and nonviolence: We take action based on conscience. This means we are accountable for our actions and take personal responsibility.
We are committed to peacefulness: In everything we do, we aspire to do peaceful. we want to be kind to our planet and kind to each other. When Greenpeace do actions as part of protest, we endorse non-violence.
Independence: We do not accept money from governments, corporations or political parties. Individual contributions, together with foundations grants, are the only source of our funding.
Greenpeace has no permanent friends or foes: If your government or company is willing to change, we will work with you to achieve your aims. Reverse course, and we will be back. What matters isn’t words, but actions.
Promoting solutions: It’s not enough for us to point the finger; we develop, research and promote concrete steps towards a green and peaceful future for all of us.
How and why we fundraise
Fundraising independently, respectfully and responsibly.
The people-power of supporters like you is what allows us to defend the environment. Fundraising is a part of that, as we ask people to add their voices, actions and money to our campaigns.
As responsible fundraisers, we ensure that:
- We are completely independent – politically and financially. We never accept donations from either governments or companies, so we can always put the planet first. Individual contributions, together with foundation grants, are our only source of funding. Your support means the world.
- We are transparent about asking people for support.
- We have high fundraising standards with trained fundraising staff and policies about not approaching vulnerable people.
- We do not sell or rent our supporters’ personal details.
- We only call people who have agreed to be contacted by us.
- We restrict the number of calls asking for money and listen if it’s not a convenient time to speak.
- We respect the wishes of those who request we do not contact them, and don’t contact them again.
On the rare occasion something isn’t up to standard, we take swift action. We are always looking for ways to improve.
We couldn’t do our work without you, so we always treat you – and your donations – with respect and appreciation.