Together we will conserve the diversity and richness of our region’s natural treasures and communities so that our children thrive with dignity in a peaceful, sustainable, and just future.
At Greenpeace MENA, we work creatively and collaboratively to reduce the environmental, economic, and social impacts of climate disasters and push local and innovative solutions empowering our communities to flourish and live in harmony with their environment.
Greenpeace exists to give this fragile Earth a voice.
We believe that a better world is not only possible, but that it’s already beginning. Thanks to thousands of committed individuals around the world, a greener and more peaceful future is in our sights.
Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses non-violent, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and to force the solutions which are essential to a green and peaceful future.
We invite people out of their comfort zones to take courageous action with us, individually in their daily lives, and in community with others who share our commitment to a better world. A green and peaceful future is our quest. The heroes of our story are all of us who believe that a better world is not only within reach, but being built today.
Our core values
We are committed to peacefulness: In everything we do, we aspire to do it peacefully. We want to be kind to our planet and kind to each other. When Greenpeace does actions as part of protest, we endorse non-violence.
Independence: We do not accept money from governments, corporations or political parties. Individual contributions, together with foundations’ grants, are the only source of our funding.
Promoting solutions: It’s not enough for us to point the finger; we develop, research and promote concrete steps towards a green and peaceful future for all of us.
How and why we fundraise
Fundraising independently, respectfully and responsibly.
The people-power of supporters like you is what allows us to defend the environment. Fundraising is a part of that, as we ask people to add their voices, actions and money to our campaigns.
As responsible fundraisers, we ensure that:
- We are completely independent – politically and financially. We never accept donations from either governments or companies, so we can always put the planet first. Individual contributions, together with foundation grants, are our only source of funding. Your support means the world.
- We are transparent about asking people for support.
- We have high fundraising standards with trained fundraising staff and policies about not approaching vulnerable people.
- We do not sell or rent our supporters’ personal details.
- We only call people who have agreed to be contacted by us.
- We restrict the number of calls asking for money and listen if it’s not a convenient time to speak.
- We respect the wishes of those who request we do not contact them, and don’t contact them again.
On the rare occasion something isn’t up to standard, we take swift action. We are always looking for ways to improve.
We couldn’t do our work without you, so we always treat you – and your donations – with respect and appreciation.