You will be responsible for furthering GPSEA’s Programme objectives through development, innovation and implementation of Engagement and People Power strategies, Best Practices and projects across the region. You will champion the role of People Power in all our offices, working with teams to optimise processes and improve online and offline supporter Journeys for deeper and more impactful Engagement, amplifying the impact of people on delivering Campaign goals.
You will work with project and country teams to enhance real world impact by delivering on Campaign objectives with off- and online People Power opportunities, Public Engagement strategies and activities, and the delivery of bold, creative non-violent direct Actions and Action Led Campaigning.
This role will require you to champion and support the Public Engagement and Actions (PEA) Community to be able to deliver operationally across projects in the region. You will work towards a Supporter Journey that spans all segments, integrates offline and online engagement opportunities and aims for deeper and longer-lasting Engagement of our supporters, activists and volunteers.
Further you will also lead capacity building and enhancing people power processes across the region, from strengthening Action operations, supporting open campaigning and developing and overseeing training programmes to creating space for Volunteers in Programme and strategic people integration.
This is a full-time position based either in Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia or Malaysia.
- To further GPSEA’s Campaign and Engagement objectives through ensuring the development, innovation and implementation of Engagement and People Power strategies, Best Practices and projects across the region.
- Strengthen People Power concepts across all levels of GPSEA, improving on- and offline Journeys for Volunteers and supporters, creating space for creative and impactful confrontations and activism, emphasizing deepening Engagement and Movement building and people-centric campaign projects in order to amplify campaign impact.
- Supporting and empowering the regional Public Engagement and Actions community through the facilitation and development of Best Practices, Innovation and the integration of leading edge expertise, community support and regional representation of People Power concepts in Programme and projects.
- Develops, designs and leads in consultation with Programme and the PEA Community a strategic long term roadmap for People Power in GPSEA and ensures the implementation, such as the development of PEA Vision and Guidance, improved Volunteer Management Practices, Journey & Segments, PEA Strategic Guidance and needed capacity building regionally.
- Manages the regional PEA Team, resources and project deployments, oversees and represents the regional PEA Community, resources, development and skills, provides support in all matters of Public Engagement, Actions and Movement Building. Provides direction and support to Country teams and Directors on PEA issues, quality standards, development paths and People Power strategies.
- Works with regional Programme and Engagement community towards implementation of People Power concepts in projects. Advocates for People Power, Open Campaigning and Movement Building as part of the organisational narrative and Theory of Change, advises on PEA issues.
- Maintains and builds a reliable network regionally to effectively deliver on the People Power component of the Engagement Strategy across Programme, Engagement and Projects.
- Leads and shapes the regional PEA Community of Practice in order to create space for a culture of collective learning and a cohesive delivery of the PEA Strategy across GPSEA as well as to strengthen connections, sustain and facilitate the exchange of knowledge and experience, develop new practices and culture, improve standards.
- Maintains and builds strong relationships and collaboration with global Greenpeace Community of Practices, building intentional alliances with partners and networks beyond Greenpeace and engages in regular scanning of the “outside world” in order to stay updated on current developments, innovations and trends and to have a network for strategic alliance building and outreach.
- Develops, facilitates and leads the delivery of regional PEA objectives and tasks in the context of evolving calendars and agendas, while incorporating new lessons learnt and optimising policies and procedures, seeking to amplify and improve the community’s impact regionally.
- Provides strong resources and project management, overseeing, coaching and guiding the regional PEA Community in strategic programme support and capacity building, volunteer management and Action development, in line with Engagement and PEA priorities
- Is instrumental in developing quality standards and processes for PEA work regionally, identifying and developing a monitoring & evaluation framework including objectives, metrics and monitoring systems.
- Based on capacity assessments and needs analysis drives a capacity building programme to sustain, develop and improve strategically the regional PEA and People Power capacities.
- Contributes to regional Engagement and PEA performance through open sharing of evaluations and lessons learnt and a culture of collective learning.
Skills and Experienced Requirements
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Preferably involving Management, Communications, Community Development, or Social Sciences (or related work experience)
- At least 5 years of experience in volunteer management, logistics and actions, planning & implementation. Preferably with experience in large team management in a campaigning organization
- Strategic Thinking & Global Mindset: Knowledge and/or experience in addressing organizational objectives by developing calculated approaches that integrate an openness to and awareness of diversity across cultures
- Teamwork & Communication: Knowledge and/or experience in working with others and presenting information, ideas, and positions in a clear manner that can easily be understood across diverse and multicultural audiences
- Leadership: Knowledge and/or experience in guiding and directing the efforts of others by presenting a clear vision, delegating responsibilities, and providing constant support and feedback
- Knowledge and/or experience in Action-Led Campaigning
- Knowledge and/or experience in the development and coordination of NVDA
- Knowledge and/or experience in developing, implementing and evaluating Action strategies and tactics
- Knowledge and/or experience in Risk Management
- Knowledge and/or experience in strategic alignment and linking the direction of units/projects to organizational objectives
- Knowledge and/or experience in managing security and safety risk assessments
- Knowledge and/or experience in organizing the mobilization of people and/or networks
- Knowledge and/or experience in volunteer management
- Knowledge and/or experience in training, mentoring, and developing staff
- Knowledge and/or experience in working with networks and coalitions
- Strong skills in written and spoken English (required) and another regional language (desired)
Interested candidates are invited to (1) write Letter of Introduction, explaining why you are qualified for the position and why you want to work for Greenpeace, (2) fill out the attached Application form and email to [email protected]
Deadline for Applications: 20 April 2021
As we receive a large number of applicants for our advertised vacancies, we are unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted and we apologize for this in advance. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.
Guidance In Completing Your Application Form
- Read the recruitment pack carefully before completing your application form. The recruitment pack contains information about Greenpeace, about the job you are applying for, and brief information on employment conditions.
- Write Letter of Introduction, explaining why you are qualified for the position and why you want to work for Greenpeace and complete all items in the application form. Remember that this will be our basis for shortlisting candidates. Curriculum Vitae (CVs) will not be accepted.
- Make sure you email the form to the correct email address ([email protected]), addressed to the HR Department, and ensure that your application form arrives before the closing date. Application forms received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- If you have questions, kindly email [email protected]