We're here to answer them!
Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation that uses creative, confrontational and non-violent action to uncover global environmental problems and encourage solutions that enable the realisation of a peaceful, greener future.
Globally, Greenpeace’s main aspirations are to keep this increasingly fragile earth’s ability to sustain the lives of all living things.
To achieve this, Greenpeace campaigns to stop and oppose ongoing environmental destruction, and offer alternatives or solutions to environmentally destructive practices.
In each country, the focus of Greenpeace’s campaign always prioritises the biggest problems that exist in each respective country. Therefore, of course, the focus and priority of campaigns will differ from country to country.
But as an international organisation, five campaign focuses have been agreed upon as global priorities. Namely:
1. Calling for the Energy Revolution (massive utilisation of renewable energy combined with energy efficiency) to overcome the biggest threat to planet Earth today: climate change.
2. Maintaining the sustainability of life in the sea by opposing destructive and massive fishing practices, while creating a global network of marine conservation.
3. Campaigning to realise sustainable agriculture by encouraging ecologically and socially responsible agricultural practices as well as protecting the remaining natural forests of this world.
4. Working to realise peace and disarmament by reducing dependence on limited resources, as well as calling for the complete elimination of all nuclear weapons.
5. Creating a toxic-free future by encouraging safer alternatives to hazardous chemicals that are now widely used in products and manufacturing processes.
Non-Violent Direct Action (NVDA) is one of the basic values of Greenpeace because of:
1. The rights of the people to know
Communities need to know the environmental and social prices that must be paid regarding the current human lifestyle, which is usually hidden by parties involved in environmental destruction from public knowledge. Peaceful non-violent action is an important tool for attracting public attention and the mass media in order to create awareness of the existence of environmental problems; and to urge the government and industry to realise their responsibilities and roles to help overcome this problem.
2. Changes to regulations and policies
Legal and policy rules are designed to protect and empower society, business and the environment. But sometimes what happens can be the opposite. Many legal rules prioritise economic growth without taking into account the environmental and social costs that must be paid by the community. Such rules must be changed.
3. Action is hope
Many people feel helpless or indifferent in this modern society, a society in which many governments and industries adopt the notion of ‘economic growth at whatever the cost’. It creates a large gap between the poor and the rich, the loss of farmers’ livelihoods and fishermen, and the massive destruction of the environment that sustains all of us.
But in the midst of difficult situations like this, it only takes one person to step forward and take action. Because however small the deed is, it can produce major changes and inspire thousands or millions of others.
You can volunteer by filling in the Application Form
And donate by clicking here or get in touch with us at [email protected]
To look for opportunities to join Greenpeace as full-time staff, please visit our Work with Us page.
Financial independence is our core value and one of Greenpeace’s greatest strengths. Greenpeace is able to take risks and confront environmental destroyers because of political and financial independence.
Greenpeace is a non-governmental organisation with a policy that we do not receive donations from governments and companies. The aim is to maintain our independence. As such, we rely on people like YOU!
|How can I donate to Greenpeace?||Giving monthly by bank autopay is the best way to support Greenpeace Malaysia because we will be able to plan our campaigns with your regular support, as well as gauge a sustainable income for existing and on-going programs and while minimising our administration costs.|
Cardholders can make secure donations online via Greenpeace Malaysia webpage or from our Direct Dialog Campaigners at various locations i.e. Malls, Corporate Buildings, Events, and other Public spaces.
The team is also active at outdoor locations for your convenience, when you meet them near your neighbourhood 🙂
|Are my personal particulars safe with Greenpeace?||Yes! All personal information collected by Greenpeace MY is strictly confidential and adheres to the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA 2010) and is used for donation and donor communication purposes e.g. newsletters, invitations, campaign updates, newsletters, annual reports, etc.|
|How does Greenpeace use my donation?||Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses non-violent, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.|
Your donations are used to:
* Stop the planet from warming beyond 1.5º to prevent the most catastrophic impacts of climate breakdown.
* Protect biodiversity in all its forms.
Slow the volume of hyper-consumption and learn to live within our means.
* Promote renewable energy as a solution that can power the world.
* Nurture peace, global disarmament and non-violence.
Greenpeace strives to be fully accountable and transparent. Each year Greenpeace produces an Annual Report, including audited financial statements, to provide an overview of our work.
|Who audits Greenpeace Malaysia accounts?||We are audited by Baker Tilly Malaysia.|
|When will my donation be processed?||For on-going supporters, the first deduction will be made within 7 days of signing up, and subsequently on the first week of every month.|
Upon joining the donor journey with Greenpeace Malaysia, you can expect to receive a Welcome Call from us within 3-4 working days to welcome you as well as to verify your details.
Your personal information to be held confidentially as regulated by authority (PDPA – Personal Data Protection Act 2010).
|Can I put Greenpeace in my will?||Yes, you can! Your will is one of the most important documents you will ever prepare. A will gives you the opportunity to decide where your assets go. If you exercise your right to prepare a will according to the law, your rights will be respected. |
Making a bequest to Greenpeace is a positive and effective way to help build a healthy, peaceful planet for future generations.
Write to us at [email protected] and tell us your thoughts about leaving behind a legacy.
|Do I get a donation receipt?||Greenpeace Malaysia will send you an official annual receipt in January each year with the contribution amount made the year before.|
|How Do I Make Changes to my Donation?||In the event you have any changes to your donation including increasing/decreasing of amount, kindly contact our Supporter Care Representatives at +603 2712 3237 from Monday to Friday between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.|
Or write to us at:
The office will be closed on National Holidays and Federal Territories Holidays.
|If I still can’t find the answer, what should I do?||Our Supporter Care Representatives will be happy to answer any enquiries that you have. Give us a call at +603 2712 3237.|
Or email us at:
For general or campaign enquiries, please feel free to send us an email at:
|Cancellation policy|| While we appreciate your commitment to supporting Greenpeace Malaysia Berhad on an on-going basis, we also understand when you need a little break to sort things out for yourself.|
We are committed to providing exceptional service for our supporters in a timely manner, hence, we appreciate a notice beforehand to ensure the quality of our communications with you will be maintained at its best!
Greenpeace Malaysia developed a donation cancellation policy as part of our commitment to honouring and respecting the termination of financial contributions towards the organisation.
In the event of a cancellation of an on-going donation to Greenpeace Malaysia, we appreciate that donors:
* Submit a cancellation request via email or phone call.
* Furnish us with adequate information on your donation details
* Allow 5 working days to process the cancellation request
We are contactable via email at: [email protected] or call us at +603 2712 3237. Our Supporter Care Officer is happy to help you with your concerns/requests.
We encourage you to write to us in advance, before your next deduction to avoid any deduction (for the upcoming month) within the 5 working days of processing your request to cancel.
What to expect?
While we are most happy to service you, losing you isn’t our favourite part. Our Supporter Care team may suggest you settle for a lower amount should you find the current donation amount a little too high. Please feel free to let us know if you are comfortable with a specific donation amount that would go to aid our current and upcoming campaigns.
Thank you for all your support!
|Refund Policy||Greenpeace Malaysia developed a donation refund policy as part of our commitment to honouring and respecting the financial contributions that people make to us. We recognise the importance of donations and want to ensure we establish appropriate principles of transparency and fairness with regard to the management of refunds.|
Greenpeace Malaysia, however, recognises that it is possible to make an error when making an online donation or for donors who signed up with our face-to-face ambassadors. It can also occur that an error is made by our payment gateway.
Greenpeace Malaysia expects that anyone wishing to donate considers their decision carefully and checks donation amounts during transactions. This includes all donation methods and channels donors are being approached at.
Under this policy Greenpeace Malaysia will endeavour to refund donations in accordance with the following.
* If an error is made in making a donation or if the donor changes their mind, we will honour all requests for refunds that are made in writing within 15 (fifteen) days of the date the donation was made.
* The written refund request should include the details of the initial transaction including date, donation amount, donor’s name, IC number, and the nature of the error.
* All written requests for refund can be sent by email to: [email protected] or mailed to: Level 6, L6-12, Menara Sentral Vista, 150, Jalan Sultan Abdul Samad, Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur, 50470.
* We will fully examine all requests for refund and endeavour to ensure that genuine errors are rectified. However, after 15 days, Greenpeace Malaysia is under no obligation to give refunds and the decision on refunds will be at the organisations’ discretion.
Refunds will be returned using the original method of payment – for example, if a donation has been made by credit card, the refund will be credited by Greenpeace Malaysia to that same credit card.
* Should an error be made by Greenpeace Malaysia or our financial institution(s), a refund of the full amount will be made once Greenpeace Malaysia is notified of the error in writing.
All Greenpeace Malaysia employees and fundraisers responsible for receiving and processing donations shall:
* Respect and value all those who donate to Greenpeace Malaysia.
* Ensure donation processes are secure and transparent.
Build trusting relationships with regular donors and partners.
* Respond proactively to any issues arising with regard to donation cancellations or refunds.
* Communicate respectfully and professionally with those who request a cancellation or refund and raise any issues or concerns that arise with Greenpeace Malaysia management regarding donation cancellation/refunds.
We aim to preserve our precious natural forests. By becoming one of the many stewards of our forests, we not only protect communities whose lives depend on the forests, but also endangered species such as orang utans and tigers because Malaysia’s biodiversity is one of the world’s richest. By doing so, we also protect the global climate that plays a very important part – sustaining life on this earth.
Level 6, L6-12, Menara Sentral Vista, 150, Jalan Sultan Abdul Samad, Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur, 50470.