Job Title: Campaigns Manager
Organisation: Greenpeace MENA
Department: GP MENA programme Division
Reports to: Programme Director
Grade: 17 A
Location: Job is based in MENA region
Campaigns Manager is responsible for supporting the Program Director in the planning and development of effective and integrated programme strategies, and will lead the coordination and implementation of campaign strategies and projects to achieve Greenpeace mission across MENA. This will involve managing the campaigns team and assisting the Programme Director with strategic planning, and the day to day delivery of the strategic plan.
The Campaigns Manager will be responsible for advising, developing and leading the implementation of regional political strategies to support campaign goals.
Scope The job holder ensures strong collaboration and synergy between the campaigns team and the rest of the organization, mainly the engagement and fundraising teams.
The Campaigns Manager assumes significant responsibility in the development, execution and overall coordination of campaign projects and provides support to the Programme Director in the development of programme strategies. S/he works closely with global campaign teams to ensure alignment with organisational priorities and delivery of the Framework goals.
The Campaigns Manager leads the political work of GP MENA and acts as the political focal point for the office.
Programme Strategy Support Support the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the GP MENA Programme strategy and objectives. Identify and propose to the Programme Director campaign opportunities and priorities of GP MENA Programme.
Campaign Development & Management Develop, manage and implement effective and integrated campaign plans, strategies and tactics related to the overall vision, goals and objectives of Greenpeace MENA and aligned with the Global Programme.
Campaign Coordination & Evaluation Create, develop and maintain appropriate systems for coordinating and monitoring the campaign activities of the campaign team
Evaluate campaign projects progress, monitor budget, report to Programme Director and contribute to annual reports.
Campaign Expertise Maintain a high-level of knowledge on relevant campaign issues and provide expertise with respect to specialized campaign areas.
Analyze new developments and emerging trends in support of campaign vision, goals and objectives.
Political Strategy Develop and implement GP MENA political strategy. Ensure that campaigns are aligned with GP MENA political objectives.
Political Analysis and synthesis Monitor external events and trends; provide timely political analysis and guidance to project teams for reactions.
Scan and interpret relevant regional and global political, corporate, social, financial developments as well as actionable intelligence from and for key audiences and keep the Executive Director and Programme Director updated and well informed.
International Programme Liaison Liaise and support global political team in planning and implementation of global political strategy and work.
Influence global campaign strategy through an active participation in global programme planning opportunities when required.
Media and communications Contribute to and support the design of the GP MENA communications strategy, as well as internal and external engagement strategies for on- and off-line communications.
Stakeholder relationships Liaise and build relationships with media, business, government and non-governmental organizations as well as with the broader movement (from progressive corporate and investor groups to social movements, human rights organisations and indigenous communities) on issues relevant to campaign objectives. Communicate and engage with inter-governmental bodies and government officials as needed.
Representation Represent Greenpeace in front of the business, scientific and government sectors, the environmental community at large and the media (traditional and new), to achieve campaign objectives and strengthen the profile and credibility of Greenpeace.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate or Postgraduate degree (Masters) from an academic institution preferably in environmental studies, social sciences or other related disciplines
Experience & skills
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant, practical working experience within environmental and grassroots organisations in MENA countries.
- Exposure to the design, implementation and management of environmental campaigns and development projects
- Experience working with regional and national government counterparts at high level
- Strong political acumen – sees the political angles immediately, thinks politically and is able to connect that political thinking with the issues/substance
- Strong networks in the global climate political arena
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills
- Good strategic insight with the ability to link regional and international political dynamics to find opportunities
- Strong technical knowledge in the key campaign areas; understanding the roles that science, politics, economics, industry, media and social change play in campaigning
- Understanding the media advocacy needs of a campaigning organisation
- Sound knowledge of environmental challenges on a global and regional level
- Project management skills including experience in managing complex processes and staff (including interns and consultants)
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Budgeting experience (preparing, presenting, monitoring)
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and actively pursuing networking
- Excellent command of written and verbal communications skills in Arabic and Fluency in English language. French is a plus.
Commitment to Greenpeace’s core values in response to environmental and peace issues through non-violent direct action-led campaigning in line with its mission.
Greenpeace MENA is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and irrespective of gender, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
How to apply
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to this link stating the Job Title in the Subject Line “Campaigns Manager” no longer than Feb 25, 2023