Our goal is to ensure the ability of the earth to nurture life in all its diversity.
That means we want to:
- protect biodiversity in all its forms
- prevent pollution and abuse of the earth’s ocean, land, air, and fresh water
- end all nuclear threats
- promote peace, global disarmament and non-violence
- Personal responsibility and non-violence. We take action based on conscience. This means we are accountable for our actions and take personal responsibility. We are committed to peacefulness; everyone on a Greenpeace action is trained in non-violence.
- Independence. We do not accept money from governments, corporations or political parties. Individual contributions, together with grants from foundations, are the only source of our funding.
- Greenpeace has no permanent friends or foes. If your government or company is willing to change, we will work with you to achieve your aims. Reverse course, and we will be back. What matters isn’t words, but actions.
- Promoting solutions. It’s not enough for us to point the finger; we develop, research and promote concrete steps towards a green and peaceful future for all of us.
Transparency and Accountability
Greenpeace works actively to ensure transparency and public accountability in its campaigning, fundraising, and financial management practices.
Greenpeace is a Member of Accountable Now, a platform of international civil society organisations. Together, we strive to be transparent, responsive to stakeholders and focused on delivering impact. We have signed ten globally-agreed-upon Accountability Commitments and seek to respect human rights, be independent and work ethically and professionally.
Annually Greenpeace reports publicly on our economic, environmental and social performance according to the Accountable Now Reporting Framework to an Independent Review Panel. Learn more about our work and responsibility towards our stakeholders in our Accountability Reports.
Together, we are making change.
Sign up for campaign updates and action alerts.