Metro, Metro Plus, Super C, Food Basics. Metro's Pêcheries Atlantiques division is Quebec's largest distributor of fresh and frozen seafood products.
Redlist species sold
Atlantic cod, haddock, Atlantic halibut, Greenland halibut, Arctic surf clams, farmed Atlantic salmon, Atlantic sea scallops, tropical shrimp and prawns, swordfish, and yellowfin tuna.
- Improved labeling system features key information on fresh seafood products such as the scientific name and where and how the species was caught or farmed.
- Became the first major retailer to remove northwest Atlantic cod from its stores.
- Good signage in stores help educate consumers on sustainability initiatives.
- The “alternatives” suggested to customers are not more sustainable options.
- Seafood policy lacks clarity regarding other products containing marine species, such as pet food and health supplements.
- Sells 10 of the 15 Redlist species.
To download the full report in pdf format, click here