FOR DISTRIBUTION ON May 3rd, 2019
MONTREAL (May 3rd, 2019) – A diverse cross-section of civil society endorsers will hold a press conference in three cities across Canada on Monday, May 6th, in Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver, to announce the launch of pan-canadian The Pact for a Green New Deal.
The press conference in Toronto starts at 10 AM EST and in Vancouver at 1:30 PM EST.
In Montreal, the panel includes
- Carole Brazeau, Anishinabe (Algonquin), Human rights protector and former Environment and Sustainable Development Coordinator at Quebec Native Women Inc.
- Will Prosper, film producer, journalist and civil rights activist.
- Damon Matthews, professor and Concordia University Research Chair in Climate Science and Sustainability, Department of Geography.
- Dr Eric Notebaert, Regroupement québécois des professionnels en santé pour l’environnement.
- Jamie Latvaitis – Cospokesperson of La planète s’invite à l’Université and Climate Strike Canada.
- Dominic Champagne, instigator of Le Pacte pour la Transition and playwright.
Members of the press are invited to attend
DATE: Monday, May 6
TIME: 10:00 AM EST
VENUE: Pavillon des Sciences biologiques (SB), 141 Avenue du Président-Kennedy, Montréal, QC H2X 3X8, (UQAM) (Métro Place-des-Arts: Exit UQAM)
Members of the press outside Montreal are invited to join the livestream of the press conference (and add their questions in the comments’ section):
For questions about the press conference and/or to book interviews with the panelists, please contact:
Loujain Kurdi, Communications Officer – Greenpeace Canada in support of The Pact for a Green New Deal coalition, email@example.com , 514-577-6657.
Visit the website (up and running on May 6th)
In Toronto and in Vancouver, please contact:
Heather Badenoch, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-859-8232.