Fundraising independently, respectfully and responsibly.
The people-power of supporters like you is what allows us to defend the environment. Fundraising is a part of that, as we ask people to add their voices, actions and money to our campaigns.
As responsible fundraisers, we ensure that:
- We are completely independent – politically and financially. We never accept donations from either governments or companies, so we can always put the planet first. Individual contributions, together with foundation grants, are our only source of funding. Your support means the world.
- We are transparent about asking people for support.
- We have high fundraising standards with trained fundraising staff and policies about not approaching vulnerable people.
- We do not sell or rent our supporters’ personal details.
- We only call people who have agreed to be contacted by us.
- We restrict the number of calls asking for money and listen if it’s not a convenient time to speak.
- We respect the wishes of those who request we do not contact them, and don’t contact them again.
On the rare occasion something isn’t up to standard, we take swift action. We are always looking for ways to improve.
We couldn’t do our work without you, so we always treat you – and your donations – with respect and appreciation.