When the Government decided to call time on offshore oil and gas exploration, it sent a clear message: the time has come for us to look elsewhere for the energy required to run our homes, cars, businesses, and economy.
Here’s a plan:
- Delivering clean solar power and storage to half a million New Zealand homes over ten years.
- Through an interest free loan on solar panels and a battery, with no upfront costs for the homeowner.
- Financed by diverting the $88m a year of public money that is currently spent on subsidies for the oil and gas industry.
- Contributing 1.5 GW of new clean power and 3 GW of grid-stabilising battery storage to New Zealand’s electricity grid in the next decade.
- Putting power back in the hands of New Zealand households.
Call on Energy Minister Megan Woods to put solar panels and batteries on 500k homes by 2030