Take the climate emergency seriously
Join our call on the New Zealand Government to make climate crisis its nuclear free moment by taking the climate emergency seriously, with real action…Take Action
When the Government decided to call time on offshore oil and gas exploration, it sent a clear message: the time has come for us to look elsewhere for the energy required to run our homes, cars, businesses, and economy.
Here’s a plan:
- Delivering clean solar power and storage to half a million New Zealand homes over ten years.
- Through an interest free loan on solar panels and a battery, with no upfront costs for the homeowner.
- Financed by diverting the $88m a year of public money that is currently spent on subsidies for the oil and gas industry.
- Contributing 1.5 GW of new clean power and 3 GW of grid-stabilising battery storage to New Zealand’s electricity grid in the next decade.
- Putting power back in the hands of New Zealand households.