Davos, Switzerland, 25 January 2018 – Greenpeace Switzerland activists today projected messages from Amnesty International, European Trade Union Confederation, Fight Inequality Alliance, Greenpeace, International Trade Union Confederation, Public Eye, Attac Switzerland and the Swiss Coalition for Corporate Justice onto the hillsides facing the World Economic Forum. The messages are united in their demands to leaders for urgent changes to an unjust system that exacerbates inequality, damages the environment, threatens human rights and creates injustice.
“While our messages are diverse, they speak to one truth. The current economic system is broken and corporations who do wrong must be stopped from profiting at the expense of people and planet,” said Jennifer Morgan, Executive Director, Greenpeace International.
This year at Davos, civil society groups have been vocal in their critiques of the current economic system. Greenpeace, for example, launched the report ‘Justice for people and planet, ending the age of corporate capture, collusion and impunity’, highlighting 20 cases of how corporate power has led to environmental and human rights damage, and proposing ten common sense principles for reform.
With Donald Trump set to address the World Economic Forum on Friday, Morgan added:
“Trump is the personification of an economic system that has managed to exclude the many to favour the few and has put polluters’ interests before those of people and planet. It’s time the WEF elite wake up to the fundamental changes that are urgently required to achieve a livable planet for all.”
 The messages projected were:
- Amnesty International: Cold? You’re not the only one…#refugeeswelcome
- European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC): Tackle inequality: Fair Pay & Jobs for All
- Fight Inequality Alliance: End the Age of Greed #fightinequality
- Greenpeace: Justice for People and Planet #justice #resist, Planet Earth First #justice #resist
- International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC): Change the Rules
- Public Eye: Governments, don’t shmooze with corporations (regulate them)!
- Attac Switzerland: Robin Hood Tax for Global Social Justice
- Swiss Coalition for Corporate Justice (Konzernverantwortungsinitiative KoVI): Konzerne: Menschenrechte & Umwelt respektieren! Multinationales: Stop aux Abus!
 Executive Summary: Justice for People and Planet: Ending the age of corporate capture, collusion and impunity
Full report: Justice for People and Planet: Ending the age of corporate capture, collusion and impunity
Jennifer Morgan, Executive Director, Greenpeace International (in Davos)
Via Leola Abraham: +31 6 46 16 20 12, email@example.com
Matthias Wüthrich, International Corporate Accountability Project Leader, Greenpeace Switzerland (in Davos): +41 79 704 84 09, firstname.lastname@example.org
Greenpeace International Press Desk: +31 20 718 2470, email@example.com (available 24 hours)
Photo and video
Available at http://media.greenpeace.org/collection/27MZIFJX3QB3Y
Hina Struver, Visual Communications Librarian, Greenpeace Switzerland: