Faces of Earth Day: We Need YOU!
by Kaitlin Grable
April 15, 2020
This year, Earth Day will be anything but normal, but that won’t stop us. We need your help for a special project we're working on!
With the COVID-19 pandemic keeping us secluded to our homes, we’re definitely having to adapt our activism to our new isolated circumstances. Normally, you’d find us out there on the streets with the rest of the movement, marching and striking for climate action, but this year we will all have to make do at home.
We want you all to join us in a virtual Earth Day strike from your own homes! We have a special project in the works, and we need your input!
Here’s how you can participate:
1. Make a sign, this can be on a piece of printer paper, some cardboard, or a poster, whatever you have available to you.
Need inspiration? Here are some great Greenpeace-y sample messages:
- Climate can’t wait
- People over polluters
- End the age of oil
- Save the whales
- Protect the oceans
- Keep it in the ground
- Climate action now
- Clean power, green jobs
- Strike. Divest. Vote
- People power will prevail
- Water is life
- Just transition
- We are unstoppable, another world is possible
2. Find a good spot for your photo.
Preferably with a blank wall to minimize background distraction — we want to be able to read your sign clearly!
3. Take a horizontal picture of yourself holding the sign!
4. Submit your picture by filling out this form.
The deadline for submissions is midnight PST on Sunday, April 19, 2020.
5. Check back on social media on April 22nd to see the final product.
Thanks for participating — we’re excited to see your signs and celebrate together!
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up to watch the 72-hour Earth Day livestream! You won’t want to miss it!