30 things you can do for the Arctic 30
by Juliette Hauville
October 17, 2013
© John Cobb / Greenpeace
- Send a letter to the Russian embassy in your country.
- Get to know the Arctic 30 - Read and share their profiles.
- Get the facts about the Arctic 30 - Read and share the timeline.
- Watch and share this video about Gazprom and Shell.
- Send an email to friends and family asking them to send a letter to Russian embassies.
- Tweet about the Arctic 30.
- Ask friends on Facebook to send a letter to Russian embassies.
- Add a twibbon to your Twitter profile picture.
- Change your Facebook profile picture.
- Send a letter to the Arctic 30.
- Download a poster, print it and put it in your window.
- Share your poster on social media and tag your friends in it.
- Go to Shell's Facebook page and ask them about their partnership with Gazprom.
- Go to Gazprom's Facebook page and ask about the Arctic 30.
- Call Shell and ask them about their partnership with Gazprom.
- Write a blog about the Arctic 30 and share it with us.
- Write a song about the Arctic 30 and share it with us.
- Write to your representative, congressperson, national assembly representative, and voice your concern about the Arctic 30.
- Organise a small vigil with a few friends in a local public park.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local paper about the Arctic 30.
- Print and distribute a leaflet about the Arctic 30 - or leave it at the check-out of a friendly local business.
- Write positive comments under online articles about the Arctic30.
- Make and share social media images and memes.
- Print these signs and get 15 friends, a camera and tag an event.
- Add a banner to your email signature.
- If youre a student in high school or university, talk to your class about the Arctic 30.
- Create your own poster.
- Help the Arctic30 defeat Big Oil: If you still drive your car to work, pick at least one day a week to commute by bike or public transport.
- Help the Arctic30 protect the Arctic from climate change: If it's possible in your area, switch your electricity company to a renewable energy supplier.
- Share this list and get 3 friends to join you!