Greenpeace is thankful for YOU!
by Cassady Craighill
November 19, 2012
© Jiri Rezac / Greenpeace
No matter how you choose to break bread and give thanks this Thursday, here in the Greenpeace office we’re thankful for one thing: YOU. Without your continued support, we wouldn’t be celebrating these critical victories for our environment, our health and our future generations.
So we’re raising our glass to you this week!
We can continue to fight the good fight while celebrating amazing victories along the way. Enjoy this list of what we can all be thankful for this holiday season.
- Celebrated another year of keeping Shell from drilling foroil in the Arctic.
- Protected our quality of life and the air we breathe by helping communities in Illinois, PennsylvaniaandVirginiaquit coal and move towards a safer, cleaner future.
- Applauded Safeway for offering sustainably-sourced tuna for their customers(and it’s cheap)!
- Felt much better about our Googling after the company showed off their clean-energy data centers!
- With the help of coalition partners, sent nuclear seismic testing packing and saved the lives of Pacific Ocean whales, sea otters, dolphins and dozens of other marine life.
- Worked with coalition partners in the Herring Alliance to reform industrial fishing off the East Coast, a big win for the critical menhaden species and a healthy Atlantic Ocean.
- Powered a community center in Rockaway Beach, New York with the Rolling Sunlight, our solar truck,after the devastation of Hurricane Sandy.