Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action. Greenpeace is present in 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Pacific.
The Digital team key responsibility is to create people driven campaigns that are integrated with offline and online channels. As part of Greenpeace’s values we do not accept money from governments, corporations or political parties.
About the role:
This full-time position based in Helsinki Finland, is to understand what are the best practice and the emerging trends in creating campaigns that put people at the center of our issues. You will provide creative facilitation for campaign sessions that needs to foster idea generation during the planning stages and co-produce written integrated Marketing plans as well as executing digital components of the campaigns in Finland or across the Nordic.
The role’s responsibilities, requires the “out of the box” thinking that provide ways that bring masses of new people to engage in our stories. This work will vary from leading Digital mobilization projects in Finland, or across Nordic and Globally where people are poised as the Hero and Greenpeace acts as the mentor or sidekick.
You will need to continually test and initiate projects or programs that drive viralability in online channels and that integrate with offline activities. Using proven storytelling methods, this position will invoke emotions in people and touch their hearts and minds to move them to act.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
Create and collaborate with a cross-functional/departmental team to create innovative engaging environmental campaigns.
Create, design and implement Finnish and Nordic digital marketing campaigns, including mobilization of prospective supporters to engage in our environmental work
Lead the implementation of several Nordic Digital Campaigns or take the lead as the Global Digital Lead on International campaigns
In-conjunction with the Finnish Digital and Comms staff, manage and steer the digital dialogue in Finland.
Create, clone, edit and maintain Finnish web assets as part of the Finnish Digital team.
- At least 4 years experience in Digital Marketing, preferably with a background in relationship marketing
- Bachelor degree in Marketing or Digital Marketing or similar work experience
- Experience writing marketing / engagement plans for campaigns and leading the implementation
- Hands on experience in applying segmentation, testing and marketing campaigns to increase engagement.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop or similar Graphic applications
- Working knowledge of html and CSS to edit or troubleshoot problems so you can communicate with the web developers.
- Experience with Vendor and Project management to lead development of digital projects with external partners.
- Experience working as a Project or Program Leader in a virtual team, across multiple countries.
- Excellent knowledge of internet technologies and social media networks.
- A take charge person that displays a sense of urgency in their approach to work.
- Native language in Finnish
- Must have good written and spoken English capabilities
What we offer:
Secure, full-time and ongoing contract (with a probation period of 3 months)
Participating and/or leading Nordic and Global digital projects
Opportunities to bring your ideas to the table
Unique chance to contribute and solve the world’s environmental problems
Exciting opportunities for personal growth and professional development
Dynamic and international work place in central Helsinki
Are you interested?
Please send us your CV accompanied by a Motivation Letter in English as soon as possible and no later than 7th November, 2014.
Shirley Johansson, Head of Digital – Nordic,
Sini Harkki, Program Manager – Finland,
Greenpeace is an independent, international environmental organization that goes from words to action to confront and stop global environmental destruction and propel solutions that lead to a world of peace and ecological balance. Greenpeace will only receive money from private individuals, making every contribution incredibly important to our environmental work.