Our materials hosted at http://www.greenpeace.org are free to use for personal or educational purposes. If you want screen shots to use in a text book, or you want to reproduce an article in your community newsletter, there's no need to ask, provided you read and abide by our ground rules.
We expressly forbid the use of any Greenpeace material appearing at this site, and/or the Greenpeace name and logo, for:
- personal or corporate gain except by express permission as noted below;
- party political advertising or the suggestion of endorsement by Greenpeace of any candidate for public office;
- any suggestion of Greenpeace endorsement of a product or policy where such endorsement has not explicitly been made by Greenpeace itself;
- any suggestion of Greenpeace endorsement of, or connection with, websites that Greenpeace, in its sole discretion, finds to be of an illegal or objectionable nature, which includes obscene, violent, intolerant, denigrating or containing sexually-oriented content or materials;
- any false representation of yourself as a Greenpeace office, employee, agent or official spokesperson, or any false representation that you are raising funds or donations for Greenpeace.
Linking to our website
We love it when you link to us and help spread the word about our campaigns for the environment. You are welcome to link to our main site or any of the issue areas you find there.
The Greenpeace logo
"Greenpeace", including the Greenpeace logo, is an internationally registered trademark belonging to Stichting Greenpeace Council.
Use of the trademark is granted on the condition:
- that it shall be purely for referential and non-commercial purposes
- you may not use the name and/or logo in any way that indicates or creates the impression that Greenpeace endorses, approves, sponsors or is affiliated with any products, services or goods available on your own website
- banners bearing the name and/or logo may only be used for the purpose of linking to the Greenpeace website as designated within the link, and these links should always be active links
- the name and/or logo may not be combined with any other graphic elements; nor may they be altered in any way including size, proportions, font, design, arrangement, colours or elements; nor may they be animated, morphed or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance
- the name and/or logo may not appear more prominently than your personal website name.
If you do use the logo, please include "Trademark of Stichting Greenpeace Council" in the alt tag or visibly on the page.
The trademark remains the exclusive property of Greenpeace, and by using it you agree that you shall not, in any way whatsoever, register or attempt to register the trademark or challenge the same.
Articles and Text
Articles and text produced by Greenpeace is free for personal or educational use. Please do include a note saying: "Source: Greenpeace (http://www.greenpeace.org)" and reproduce any byline or copyright information provided in the original.
Articles and text from third party sources remain the intellectual property and copyright of those third party sources, and permission for use should be sought from these original sources.
You can see copyright information in the full-sized pop-up of any image by clicking on the thumbnail.
- Images © Greenpeace or © Greenpeace / Photographer are copyright of Greenpeace, and can be used in accordance with the terms below.
- Images © Photographer / Greenpeace or © Photographer (including any agencies, etc.) are reproduced by permission, and reproduction permission must be sought from the original copyright source listed on these images.
Any image which is copyright of Greenpeace that appears on our website can be freely copied for personal or educational use, provided you reproduce the copyright information in its entirety.
Any other use (such as using images for personal or corporate gain) require permission from Greenpeace International Photo and Video Library (contact information appears below). Commercial use of any Greenpeace image without permission would constitute a copyright infringement and may infringe upon other rights.
News images of reproduction quality (around 8 megabytes in size) distributed by Greenpeace to journalists and agencies via this site are intended for use within fourteen days, and archiving and/or resale of these images is strictly forbidden. After fourteen days, please contact Greenpeace at the address below:
Greenpeace Photo and Video Library
Greenpeace Licensing BV
Ottho Heldringstraat 5
1066 AZ Amsterdam
Tel: +31 20 718 2113
Use of video is subject to the same conditions as other materials above. However, please note that not all of our videos are available for download.
Tel: +31 20 718 2115